Computer Training Institute Company Profile format : Computer Training Institute Company Profile format with all required contents. Simply copy and paste the content then change your institute name.
Computer Training Institute Company Profile format starts here….
Venture Limited is a global retail & corporate training solutions provider headquartered in Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh, India.
The company commenced its IT training business in 2010. A pioneer in IT and animation education, over the years, Venture Limited has trained over 1.4 million students.
Venture Computer Education is one of the education brands of Venture Limited.
Venture Computer Education has a wide range of courses, maintains education standards & provides placement assistance.
Venture Limited has grown & diversified into various education-related businesses.
Here’s a glimpse into Venture Limited’s various education & training businesses:
About Venture Computer Education
Venture Computer Education is the IT education brand of Venture Limited. Established in 2010, it is a pioneer in IT education.
Through its wide network of centres in India, Venture has so far trained 1.4 million students.
See what recruiters have to say about the quality of Venture’s education:
Venture gives great importance to quality of education.
- Ensures that its course curriculum is as per the needs of the industry & is always kept updated.
- Provides high-quality learning aids – including books & CDs – to the students & faculty. These are developed specially by the company.
- Carries out regular training & certification of its faculty to ensure that they are able to handle even advanced IT topics.
- Supports classroom teaching with assignments, workshops & guided E-Projects.
- Conducts Workplace Skills training for the students to help them get better job placements.
Venture assists students in getting job placements on successful completion of their courses.
Venture also provides recruitment assistance to organizations. Venture students are shortlisted based on the organization’s requirement.
To make students job-ready, Venture conducts workshops e.g. how to do Group Discussions, how to behave in a Personal Interview. From time to time, job fairs & campus recruitments are conducted. Workplace skills such as time management, making effective presentations and communication skills are also provided.
All this helps students find appropriate jobs in the IT industry while also helping save companies’ recruitment costs.
IT education is a large market and a profitable business opportunity. Venture has built a wide network of centres through its partnership with hundreds of franchisees.
The passion and efforts of these business partners, along with the support given by Venture, have made Venture Computer Education a household name.
The company is a pioneer in education franchising and has also set up nationwide network of centres for its brands, Venture Hardware & Networking Academy
Venture lays particular emphasis on academic quality. Here’s how we do it:
- We teach in-demand courses
- We provide impactful learning material
- Our teachers are well-selected & trained
- We follow world-class teaching methods
- Our courses include E-Projects
- We conduct technical workshops
- Exams are held online
- Venture’s certificates are recognized the world over
- Our course timings are flexible
- You can be our Best Student!
Wish to get into IT? Make sure you know the basics. Here’s what IT is all about:
What is Information Technology (IT)?
The Information Technology industry is a large industry. Over the past 50 years, IT has shaped the modern world & continues to change it.
The major segments in IT are hardware & software. Software consists of products & services. Software products are packaged or ready-to-use software made by a company for use by others. Software services companies typically do programming for client companies on a contract basis. These companies take care of the client company’s ‘outsourced’ development & maintenance of software, training, etc.
Size of the IT industry
IT is a global industry: In 2007, the worldwide spending on IT was estimated to be $1.7 trillion.
Which industries use software?
Software is now an essential part of our lives. Commonly-used software applications (such as electronic bills) are all around us. These help our daily lives function smoothly & also improve productivity of each & every business & organization.
Some industries which use IT extensively include banking, finance, insurance & telecom. Some of the commonly used application software in business are database systems, ERP, accounting & payroll, office automation (spreadsheet, word processing), CAD/ CAM, etc.
What are the users of software?
Software is developed for different devices & ‘platforms’ such as PCs, the Web, mobiles, iPhones & gaming consoles. Software can also be classified as being for home or personal use or for business use. Operating system software, middleware or application software is another commonly-used classification.
What is Code?
Software is written in ‘lines’ of code where each line is a set of logical instructions for the computer. There are many alternative software ‘languages’ in which code can be written e.g. C++, Java, ASP.
In early days, in the 1960s, typical programs were small; even a program of 10,000 lines was considered big. Later, longer programs were developed e.g. those developed for NASA’s moon program which ran into a million lines of code.
Software programs need to be written, as well as constantly modified & ‘debugged’ (or corrected)
Indian IT industry
- Size of IT industry in India: The Indian IT industry is large: 2 million people work here. Of these, about 1.5 million work on exports i.e. overseas contracts, while the rest work in the domestic market.
- Offshoring: Indian IT companies have pioneered the ‘offshore’ model. Thus, instead of doing work ‘onsite’ i.e. by going to work at the client’s company abroad, these companies have set up processes to get this work done in India. This results in much lower costs for the client company. By far, the biggest market for such work is the US.
- Top companies: Well-known Indian companies in this field include Infosys, TCS, Wipro & HCL Technologies. Multinational software companies like IBM, HP & Cognizant have also entered India & built an increasingly strong presence here.
In fact, there are an estimated 8000 IT firms in India. There are also thousands of other, non-IT companies in India & most of them have their own IT department, whether small or big.
- Industry growth: Since 2001, the Indian IT sector has been growing at about 28% every year; in 2008, the sector grew at 28% to reach over $70 billion in revenues. In the same year, employment grew at 26%. There is still a lot of growth possible: Indian IT firms account for only 15% of the world market of outsourced offshored software valued at $380 billion.
- English advantage: India has a large English speaking population – this is an advantage over many other countries. This is one reason why India is a preferred country for IT work. There are many new markets & areas where Indian firms are making a mark; these include the European & Japanese markets, software products, engineering services, remote infrastructure management, etc
What are the job prospects in the IT industry?
Each year, lakhs of people are employed in the IT industry, most of them new college graduates. In 2009, Infosys is recruiting 20,000 freshers out of college at an average salary of Rs. 3.25 lakhs per year. Other large firms too are hiring in large numbers.
A career in the software industry means being a part of the most ‘happening’ industries of our time. There is no area today that is not or will not be touched in some way by software.
If you have an interest in trying or solving challenging problems, IT is a great field to work.
Why work in IT?
Brijesh Shirodkar has been working in IT & IT-related fields for 6 years now. Currently, he is an Associate Consultant, Cognizant Technology Solutions*. This is what he feels about a career in IT:
- IT is an in-demand career so there are many opportunities to earn good salaries as compared to other industries.
- Many opportunities to travel abroad on-the-job or to find jobs anywhere in the world.
- Global outlook/ culture & world-class standards in functioning of most IT companies leads to greater work satisfaction. Also, IT companies are full of enthusiastic people who are fun to work with!
- Technology continues to expand at a rapid pace, providing great opportunities for job growth.
*Cognizant is a leading global provider of Information Technology, consulting & Business Process Outsourcing services.
What are the various job roles in IT?
The IT industry is huge & growing. Most IT professionals work in offices in comfortable surroundings. They are mostly employed in IT, telecom, banking & insurance and BPO companies, among others.
Good IT professionals possess the following skills, among others :
- Logical reasoning ability
- Numerical ability
- Imaginative mind
- Interest in problem-solving
- Interest in keeping oneself updated about new technology
- Communication skills, written and oral, is a plus point
There are very many types of IT jobs
Interesting Facts about IT in India
- India has 81 million Internet users (as per The Internet Governance forum).
- India is ranked 4th among the top 10 nations in the world for high Internet usage (as per the Internet Governance forum).
- The number of mobile phone users in India is 300 million & is growing by 8 million per month.
- The domestic IT market in India is expected to cross Rs. 200,000 crore in 2012 (as per IDC India).
- Many global companies outsource IT work to India because of India’s highly-skilled, English-speaking population & low costs.
IT job roles
The IT industry is huge & growing. As a trained IT professional, you can build a great career
in almost any part of the world.
There are many types of IT jobs, some of which are:
- Assist systems analysts in defining requirements of users of the proposed IT system.
- Create a detailed design for the proposed system.
- Translate specifications – for a software product or project – given by the systems analyst into lines of code i.e. programs.
- Modify code to correct errors or to enhance a program’s capabilities.
- Test programs already developed.
- Prepare documentation for the program developed & designed.
This is an entry-level IT job. Programmers may also be called software engineers, web developers, etc. depending on the specific job content.
To be successful as a programmer, you need certain professional qualities:
- Technical aptitude
- Logical approach to solving problems
- Ability to work independently as well as be a team player
- Good communication skills, written as well as oral, are a plus point
- Willingness to continuously learn since technology keeps changing
These are programmers who work on online (web) applications.
- They create prototypes of the site based on the site’s objectives.
- Depending on the website, developers may have to develop interactive forms, shopping carts, mailing lists & online programs.
- They use programming languages (such as Java, VB Script, MS-SQL, MySQL CGI, Perl, Visual C++, C#, SQL, JSP, ASP.NET, PHP, XML & DHTML) to create these programs & applications.
- System analysts study the needs of users of the system & define their requirements through documents/ processes.
- These documents are then used by the programming team to create a better system.
Software testing & Quality Assurance
Software is tested by ‘Software Testers’ to confirm if it has been built as planned & is performing well. This includes finding software ‘bugs’. Software is put through several types of tests. Various manual methods & automated tools are used for this.
Software Quality Assurance involves the entire software development process & is oriented towards prevention of problems.
Quality Assurance (QA) professionals
- Monitor & improve the processes by which software is created.
- Make sure that any agreed-upon standards & procedures are followed.
- Ensure that problems are found & dealt with.
Database analysts, architects & administrators
Data is core to any IT application. Data professionals make sure that users can access & manage data in a flexible, efficient & secure manner.
- Analyze & design databases.
- Develop, install & implement databases.
- Perform database administration & maintenance to ensure data integrity.
- Perform database testing.
- Provide data assurance i.e. security of data.
Software Architects, Solution builders & Consultants
These are senior job roles.
Software Architects have a deep understanding of a single technology area.
Solution builders understand a wide range of technologies & pull them together to create a solution to a customer problem.
Consultants not only have a broad knowledge of technology, they usually have deep knowledge of a particular industry or business.
Programmers/ software engineers usually work in teams. Each project team may consist of 10 to 15 engineers & is headed by a project leader. Two, three or more project teams are together supervised by a project manager. Delivery managers are senior people who supervise several project groups & coordinate with the sales people in the company and with the client.
A software engineer can choose to follow the ‘management path’ & grow into a project leader and then into a project manager. Or he or she can follow the ‘technical path’ & become a database specialist, software architect or a specialist in a given technology.
Technical writers & Documentation specialists
- They create manuals for users to:
- Develop documents for each project/ application.
- Maintain copies of all documents developed for future use.
Helpdesk & Technical support
- Help install, maintain & repair PCs, printers and other devices, LAN, Wide Area Networks (WAN).
- Ensure Internet connectivity.
- Are usually available immediately to resolve hardware & connectivity problems. Software or hardware installed at a customer’s premises may require support of the following types: installation, configuration. troubleshooting, customer queries or training.
Management Information Systems (MIS)
To manage any organization, its managers need information about its various activities e.g. sales, finance, purchase, HR. This information is usually got from data & reports from the organization’s computer network/ system.
Some of the entry-level MIS jobs are data analysts & data entry operators.
Other IT jobs
IT people may also work in sales & marketing or asfaculty i.e. in teaching or as trainers.
They can also work in hardware & networking jobs such as network administrators or system administrators. Venture teaches Hardware & Networking through N-Power.
Placement assistance for students
Venture assists its students in finding a job. Here’s how:
Venture conducts workshops on handling job interviews, aptitude tests & Group Discussions. Useful skills like resume writing, presentation skills & time management are also developed.
Last year, Venture organized job fairs in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata & Kochi. Many firms from IT & ITES fields participated in these fairs & short-listed 1300 participants for various IT job roles.
From time to time, Venture conducts such job fairs all over the country to connect students with companies looking for talented students.
Why partner with Venture?
The IT industry is very large. In India alone, 2 million people are employed in this sector. The industry is global & has grown from strength to strength over the past 50 years.
Improvements in our lifestyles as well as improvements in productivity happen on a day-to-day basis, thanks to some new IT application or the other. And there are technologies being continuously created, leading to a need for continuous learning.
Thus, investing in an IT training business is a sound proposition. And who better to partner with than Venture Computer Education, the pioneer in the field? Venture is the pioneer in franchising in education. Our growth is the result of our partnership with hundreds of dynamic business partners in every part of the country.
Learn how Venture supports its franchisees.
- 1. Active support & guidance for centre start-up includes
- Site selection.
- Centre layout planning. Venture helps in charting out areas such as the reception desk, counsellors’ station, computer labs, classrooms, etc.
- Recruitment (of staff, faculty, etc.) support.
- Centre automation support. Venture has developed its own customized software for smooth running of the operations of the centres. This enables each centre to manage all invoicing & operations online. At the time of start-up of new centre, Venture helps install this system & guides the centre’s staff on using it.
- Support in marketing launch of the centre.
- 2. Course design & delivery support
- The company has good experience in developing the most appropriate, updated course material. Venture develops its own curriculum for all courses. This is done by the company’s special content development team called Venture Learning Services.
- Courses are designed after extensive industry & market research, ensuring healthy demand among students & engineering aspirants.
- Access to latest technology. Venture teaches the latest technology as it is launched. The company helps train the franchisees’ faculty on the new software.
- Venture provides teaching aids to train faculty to conduct the course in the best possible manner.
- 3. Marketing support
- Marketing & advertising campaigns for press, TV, Internet, outdoor & radio are developed and run by Venture. The company also provides designs for advertising material such as banners, posters, signboards, etc. for use by the centres.
- Regular performance reviews & training sessions are conducted for staff of the business partner.
- Student scholarships & other schemes are run from time to time to give a boost to business.
- Advertising & brand development initiatives through various Internet-based & traditional press & outdoor advertising.
- Ongoing advice to the centre on how to improve business as well as taking inputs on market & strategy from the centres.
- 4. Academic & technical support
- Timely faculty evaluations help the centre identify those faculty members who need training.
- Faculty training & exams leading to certification are conducted, ensuring that the centre has faculty with the right skills to provide proper training to students.
- Day-to-day support on how to deliver i.e. conduct the courses.
- Conduct of online exams & issuing certificates to students.
- Exam invigilation.
- 5. Central logistics support
- Course material including books & CDs both for students & faculty are printed/ published by Venture & delivered to centres as per their requirements.
- Marketing & promotional material such as banners, posters are also centrally printed if required and sent to the centres.
- Students’ marksheets & final certificates are also printed and dispatched.
- 6. Business development support
- From time to time, Venture also conducts marketing activity that generates enquiries from students interested in taking courses. The company also runs a call centre for handling student enquiries. All these enquiries are passed on to the centre.
- Full-fledged Placements Team dedicated to finding appropriate job openings for trained students across all centres.
- The Placements Team:
- Conducts job-oriented training workshops for students, increasing visibility of brand & credibility of the centre.
- Organizes industry visits to familiarize students with job roles & opportunities & to build their industry contacts.
- Sources job opportunities for students.
- Conducts training programs for centre’s own placement executives, if any.
Learn what your role as a franchisee will be.
- 1. Infrastructure
The franchisee should own/ lease an appropriately large space (typically, over 1000 square feet) to start the new centre. A central location, easily accessible by students, is preferred. The furniture, PCs & related items too are the franchisee’s responsibility.
- 2. Operations
- 3. Recruitment
- 4. Marketing
The business partner invests in promoting & marketing the centre & its courses in the city/ area near the centre. This includes advertising in various media, conducting local ground events or promotions and so on.
Wish to become a franchisee of Venture Computer Education? Let us know!
Registered Office & H.O.
Computer Training Institute Company Profile format ends here….
We hope Computer Training Institute Company Profile format in this post will fulfill your needs.
You may also see :