ASP – Active Server Pages.
Self Learn complete ASP in this site in easy way…
What is ASP?
- ASP stands for Active Server Pages
- ASP is a Microsoft Technology
- ASP is a program that runs inside a web server
What is an ASP File?
- An ASP file has the file extension “.asp”
- An ASP file is just the same as an HTML file
- An ASP file can contain server scripts in addition to HTML
- Server scripts in an ASP file are executed on the server
The ASP Technology
ASP and ASP.NET are server side technologies.
Both technologies enable computer code to be executed by an Internet server.
When a browser requests an ASP or ASP.NET file, the ASP engine reads the file, executes any code in the file, and returns the result to the browser.
- Classic ASP
- ASP.NET Web Forms
- ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET Web Pages
- ASP.NET API
- ASP.NET Core
Classic ASP – Active Server Pages
ASP (aka Classic ASP) was introduced in 1998 as Microsoft’s first server side scripting language.
Classic ASP pages have the file extension .asp and are normally written in VBScript.
ASP is a development framework for building web pages. Self Learn complete ASP in this site in easy way…
ASP – Active Server Pages Index
ASP – Active Server Pages Classic
ASP – Active Server Pages Reference
ASP – Active Server Pages ADO
ASP – Active Server Pages ADO Objects